Fletcher Holman’s second goal is as many matches earned Eastbourne Borough a point at home to Dartford on Tuesday night.

A crowd in excess of 1,300 saw the Sports go in front courtesy of Holman’s strike four minutes after half-time.

Dartford fought back though, and drew level through Brandon Brazey after the hour mark as the points were shared at Priory Lane.

Mark Beard made three changes from the team that lost at Weymouth as he looked for a response from the defeat on Saturday. Harrison Foulkes made his second start for the Sports in goal, with Dan Quick and Holman also coming into the starting line up. Brad Barry returned to the squad after injury, albeit only as a substitute.

Borough started on the front foot, and nearly went in front with just two minutes on the clock. Billy Vigar ran onto a flick on down the right and his ball across ran to Leone Gravata at the far post. He made room for the shot, but his strike clipped the top of the angle between post and bar.

It was a tight affair as both teams looked to break forwards in the first half. It took the visitors 17 minutes to test Foulkes in the Borough goal, with Paul Rooney having a low shot comfortably saved before Sam Odaudu skewed wide from the edge of the area.

There was a big talking point after 20 minutes, however, when Borough felt aggrieved that Joash Nembhard didn’t see red. Gravata tried to run onto a ball down the left before the sliding defender came across high on the winger. Most people in the ground expected Shelby Elson to produce a red card, but only a yellow was shown.

Gravata tried to play on, but couldn’t and Shiloh Remy came on to replace him before the half hour mark.

The best chance of the first half fell to the visitors in stoppage time when Brazey drove forwards down the centre and played the ball across to Luke Coulson in space, but he took the shot on too early and his tame effort was easy for Foulkes.

There was still time for Borough to go close, though. The dangerous Holman weaved his way past Moussa Diarra down the right but his low ball in couldn’t find an Eastbourne shirt.

Just four minutes after the break, the Sports went in front. Archie Procter found the feet of Holman ten yards inside his own half, and the forward turned away from Diarra and Baris Altintop before driving towards goal, dribbling away from Nembhard and from just inside the area he slotted past Mitchell Beeney.

The Sports sensed they could get a second. Holman and then Billy Vigar had shots well blocked by Nembhard before Michael Olarewaju couldn’t get his header on target.

Space then opened up for Jack Paxman in front of goal, but he opted to pass to Decarrey Sheriff when he had the chance to get a shot away and the opportunity passed.

Beard was then dealt a further injury blow as Paxman was forced off with a foot injury, prompting Barry to come on for his first appearance since September 9th at Yeovil.

But Paxman’s withdrawal seemed to spur Dartford on, and the visitors drew level after the hour mark. The lively Brazey was given too much space to drive forwards down the left before darting inside and the winger picked out the far corner with a low strike.

The visitors then looked to apply the pressure, with Brazey off target before Coulson fired narrowly wide from 18 yards out.

Their long-ball tactic was starting to pay off, with a great last-ditch challenge from Quick denying Brazey after Luke Allen fired the ball across goal.

But the Sports defence held firm, and Borough were well worth their point as the full time whistle sounded.