Eastbourne Borough Women’s winning run came to an end after defeat in the SCWGFL League Cup.

League Champions Saltdean United inflicted Billy Wood’s first defeat since October to progress to the semi-finals.

The score remained goalless at half-time at Priory Lane – largely thanks to Sophia Moule who produced some terrific saves to keep Saltdean at bay.

It wasn’t all one-way traffic, though, with Becky Simmons denied by Charlotte Lewington at her near post whilst Megan Griffiths fired just wide of the top corner.

However, the visitors went in front shortly after the break when Farrah Dorey fired into the top corner.

But Borough fought back, and got an instant response when Molly Rose played a great ball through to Simmons and she fired beyond the advancing Lewington.

Despite that, it was the visitors who regained the lead when an inswinging corner from Mollie Cooper went straight in off the far post.

Griffiths went close to drawing Borough level but was denied by Lewington, but only for Saltdean to wrap up the tie late on through goals from Billie Phillpot and Dorey.

Our Development Squad were without a game, whilst Eastbourne Borough Under 16 Girls kept up the pressure at the top end of the table with a fine 9-3 win away at Hastings United.

Phoebe Michie scored four, with Sophie Jessop also scoring a hat-trick in the big win away from home.

There was also a big win for our Under 15 Girls as they beat Chichester City 7-3. Goals came courtesy of Jasmine Marsland, Thea Laviniere-Friend, Heidi Ayles, Ava Edwards, Alicia Barrow and a brace from Imogen Pook.

It was second v first in the Under 16 Boys, and Borough prevailed to give them a great chance at winning the Mid-Sussex Youth League Premier. Goals from Samuel Gower and Darrell Shaw gave them a 2-1 win over Burgess Hill Town, who they trail by two points with two games in hand.

The Under 15s secured a big 13-0 win away at Lewes Juniors to remain top of their Sussex Sunday Youth League division, whilst our Under 14 Red team moved top of the table after beating Three Bridges 2-0 with goals coming from Nelson Smith and Joshua Brooks.