Eastbourne Borough were made to settle for a point after a frustrating draw with Truro City.

The visitors saw much more of the ball at Meadow Park, but failed to really create a clear chance as the hosts played out for a draw.

The point moves Borough two points clear of Dartford in the fight for survival, still with one game in hand on the Kent side – and three points clear of Taunton.

The Sports made one change from Saturday’s win over Weymouth, with Sam Beard back from suspension in place of Jack Clarke, who picked up a knock in the 1-0 victory.

Borough had half a shout for a penalty waved away inside 30 seconds when Moussa Diarra flicked a long ball on into the path of Yahya Bamba. The winger was bundled over inside the area, but the referee waved play on.

Finn Ballard McBride then had a go from outside the area, but saw his effort whistle past the post.

The Sports certainly took the game to the hosts, and went close again on 18 minutes. Alfie Bendle switched play into David Sesay, who took the ball in his stride but his effort from 20 yards out looped off Matt Green and went just over.

Truro rarely threatened, but did show signs of posing a threat on the counter when Tyler Harvey fired just over, before Borough’s best chance of the game fell just before half-time.

Ballard McBride threaded the ball through to Bamba, who burst in behind the defence but could only scuff his shot wide of the post with just James Hamon to beat.

The Sports pressed forwards again at the start of the second half, with Bamba flashing the ball across the six yard box without anyone getting on the end of it.

However, Harrison Foulkes had to be alert to deny Truro on the hour mark when a corner was headed back into the area and fell to Tom Harrison, but the Borough keeper was off his line well to block.

Borough’s patient build-up play was proving ineffective against a stubborn City defence, with Bendle’s free-kick going straight at Hamon the only real test for the home keeper.

Instead, Truro almost stole all three points late on when a cross into the box eventually dropped to Harvey, but his low effort was cleared off the line by Dan Quick.

Overall, it’s another point for the Sports, and another clean sheet, as the fight for survival continues.