Eastbourne Borough Women booked their place in the Eastbourne FA Chairman’s Cup Final after a nine-goal demolition of Eastbourne Town.

Kellie Larkin, Charlotte Gurr and Izzy Payne all scored twice for the Sports, with further goals from Abbie Tucker, Megan Griffiths and Becky Simmons at Priory Lane.

They will now face Newhaven, champions of the step above, in the Final – with a venue or date yet to be confirmed.

However, it was Town who had the first opportunity of the game inside three minutes. Dani Parfitt went on a solo run down the left and she broke through on goal, but Sophia Moule made a good low save to keep the ball out.

But the Sports came roaring back, with Tucker firing just wide before Griffiths raced onto a ball through to go clear of the defence, but only to see her strike come back off the bar.

And Borough broke the deadlock with 11 minutes on the clock. Griffiths broke down the left superbly before sliding the ball across to Tucker who from inside the six yard box made no mistake.

Griffiths was proving to be a real threat down the left, and she almost got on the scoresheet herself but was denied by Shara Walshaw before Payne fired just wide with the angle against her.

The hosts then did double their advantage with 17 minutes gone, as Gurr took a short corner to Payne. She then drove into the penalty area, before laying the ball off to Larkin who saw her shot clip the inside of the post and go in.

Erin Todd then saw her low shot saved by Walshaw at the near post, before Town almost got back into the game out of nothing. Parfitt tried her luck from 25 yards and her shot beat Moule, but came back off the post.

But moments later, Borough added a third. Gurr turned her way into space and laid the ball off to Larkin, whose first time strike from 20 yards found the roof of the net.

Taking a three-goal lead into the break, Borough wasted little time to add to their lead after the break. Tucker did well to win possession and break down the right before slotting it across to Gurr who had a simple tap in.

Griffiths then had a shot go just over the top corner from 20 yards out, before Gurr added her second on the hour mark.

A great ball over the top from Larkin played in Gurr, and the midfielder’s great first touch took the ball away from Walshaw before tapping into the empty net.

Walshaw then made a good save at her near post to deny Gurr a hat-trick, before Payne got in on the act midway through the second half.

Substitute Simmons did well on the edge of the area to find room for a pass through to Payne, who from ten yards dispatched the ball into the bottom corner.

Griffiths then got the goal her performance merited with twenty minutes to go. Gurr’s ball across from the left was sliced by Phoebe Cram and the ball dropped to Griffiths, and the winger slammed it into the top corner.

Town’s cause was then made worse when Walshaw was forced off injured, and she was replaced with an outfield player with 15 minutes to go.

The makeshift keeper made a good stop to deny Cram, but she was helpless as Payne struck one from 25 yards out to make it 8-0.

But the Sports weren’t finished there, and made it nine with moments to go when Gurr provided the assist to Simmons, who took a touch away from the defender before finishing emphatically.

EBFC: Moule (GK), Larkin, Rose, Favell, Payne, Gurr, Baitup, Tucker, Griffiths, Todd, Dulake. Subs: Johnson, Cram, Simmons, Mouncer.

Goals: Tucker 11’, Larkin 17’ 34’, Gurr 51’ 61’, Payne 68’ 87’, Griffiths 70’, Simmons 89’.

ETFC: Walshaw (GK), Law, Vine, Das, Bryant, Burt, Peacock, O’Dwyer, D’Silva, Parfitt, Heather. Subs: Dyson, Booth, Chapman.